http://djembeslappin.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-do-deaf-enjoy-music.html.
I so wish I could understand and listen to music just by feeling the virbations the instruments create while being played. I know the best way to feel the music vibrations is to listen to deep and heavy bass and drums. I sometimes feel the bass vibrations through the steering wheel as I'm driving and when it's crazy bass, I feel the vibrations coming out of the speakers and my pants move a little bit. It's an amazing feeling. But if I ever go deaf, it would be really, really hard for me. I like to talk a lot and hear what people have to say, and I listen to loud-ish music every day for long intervals throughout the day. If I ever lose the ability to hear, I don't know what I would do. I definately know I would really annoy my neighbors or the people in the cars next to me because I will be blasting music with heavy bass so I could feel the vibrations. I think it would be the coolest thing if there was a portal or machine like thing you can walk into, put in a song, and there were no lyrics. Just heavy vibrations. Your entire body would feel the sensations of the music, and I think that would be one of the best feelings ever. That's why I enjoy going to concerts and standing close to the speakers. The pure power coming out of those things once my chest bounce back and forth and my hair moved a little bit, and I couldn't stop smiling and yelling at the top of my lungs. However, I'm a little hesitant to blast my car bass that loud. I don't want to totally destroy my speakers in my car. But it's dissapointing, for my bass can go much louder and heavier in my car, but I don't want to push it because I don't want to have to get new speakers. All in all, if I were deaf, I wouldn't mind that much when it comes to music. I would just crank it up, feel the vibrations, and have total disregard to those next to me. I want to listen to my music, and I'll do it, whatever means necessary.
Hearing is simply the act of perceiving sound by the ear. If you are not hearing-impaired, hearing simply happens. Listening, however, is something you consciously choose to do. Listening requires concentration so that your brain processes meaning from words and sentences. Listening leads to learning.Most people tend to be "hard of listening" rather than "hard of hearing."
ReplyDelete