Monday, March 19, 2012

Music and the Weather

It's funny how the weather brings a certain personality in people. When it's sunny outside, people exhibit a happy disposition and that brings happy and cheery music to the forefront. When it's cloudy and rainy outside, people exhibit a calmness, peaceful, and or meloncholoy personality and that brings out peaceful and relaxing music such as soft rock, R&B, smooth jazz, and smooth hip hop songs. I bring this up because this weekend I had a regatta in Long Beach, and the weather was everything but nice and sunny. It was pouring rain, really windy, and there was a chance of thunder and lightning, so the race ended up being cancelled. Sure, I was a little happy that the race was cancelled so that I didn't have to row in that horrible weather, but the rain really calmed me down. On the way home and for the rest of the day I was listening to smooth jazz and a little R&B with a side of soul music. This type of music really calms me down, and I really like to just look at the falling rain as I'm listening to this music. Music is not just enjoyable noise. It's a way to exhibit certian emotions at particular points in time. Sometimes one can tell what kind of a day someone else is having just understanding what type of music they're listening to.
-Sean Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment